Skip to main content

Actress, Steph-Nora Okere Opens Up On Her Failed Marriage (I Am Now Married To Jesus)



Nollywood actress Steph Nora Okere has always hugged the limelight, not only for her talent, which is top draw, but also for her readiness to pick roles some of her colleagues wouldn’t dare.
Her roles in ‘Indecent Girl’, “Angels Forever’, ‘Lagos Babes’, ‘Sharon Stone’, to mention a few, shows how well this Nollywood beauty performs.

The Imo State born actress and newly elected Vice President, Screenwriters Guild of Nigeria, talks about her crashed marriage, her romance with Jim Iyke in a new interview with Vanguard. Excerpts: 
You have been away for a while. What happened?
I have been everywhere. I only reduced the numbers of films I featured in and concentrated more on soap operas. And that was for two years.  I have also been working on my talk show that would soon hit television screen. 
You joined the industry as a spinster. Would you say this affected your love life?
I joined the industry when I was 21 and a graduate. Perhaps it did but I didn’t just notice. It’s possible a suitor was somewhere eying me but didn’t show up because of my profession. I was too engrossed in my career that I didn’t encounter one but there would have been someone like that.
After separating from Jim Iyke, you said you still loved him. Is it still the same till date?
(smiles) Is it possible to live my life away from Jim Iyke? He wasn’t the first person I dated in life.
(cuts in) The first in Nollywood?
So what? I want to be mute regarding this issue. He has never talked about me anywhere. We have an understanding and I don’t want to break it again.
Do you still have crush on him?
I don’t hate him.
Your marriage to Lanre Falana did not last. Why?
I was never married but I was involved in a marriage process which got truncated along the line. Marriage begins with  paying the woman’s dowry,  traditional and white wedding. All these did not take place. My family didn’t support marrying a man who kept one woman in one place and plans keeping another one in another place. I  attend Catholic church and the  marriage process in Catholic, begins with the intended couples tendering a marriage certificate issued by a court to the church. This was the main reason we were in court in the first place.
Was it cultural differences that led to the break up?
Not at all. It was based on personal conduct and irreconcilable differences . We were not living together. We had the court marriage in July and he went abroad September. Only for him to come back like a year and half later.
You said in an interview that you had no regret about your ‘’truncated marriage process.’’
That is because I am not a party to pretense. That marriage would have made me a sad woman. I have learnt not to judge a book by its cover.
Any plans of marrying again?
It has not been easy. You hardly can differentiate between a man who truly wants you as a woman because he feels for you , or one who wants to be seen with a known actress. Some men can go as far as taking a bet over you because you are a known actress. But when a good man comes around, I will settle with him. However, my Bible has not told me I can not make heaven as a single woman.
Do you feel lonely as a single woman?
How? Because I am not married? Why should I feel lonely? I have my family. I have brothers, sisters, friends and neighbours.
You seems not to be aging. What’s your secret?
I stay stress free by dealing with issues as they come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prices of Maize, Rice and other food commodities to rise in December, 2022 – Survey

One of Nigeria’s commodities market players, AFEX has forecasted a surge in prices of six food commodities, namely maize, paddy rice, sorghum, soybean, cocoa and sesame by the end of December 2022 to the first half of 2023. AFEX’s forecast is contained in its 2022 Wet Season Crop Production Report unveiled at a hybrid event hosted at the firm’s head office in Abuja on Wednesday. The report said maize which faces a projected decline in production levels of up to 14% will reach a higher average price point ranging between N214, 980/metric ton ($486.72) and N220,000/metric ton ($498.09) by the end of the fourth quarter (Q4) 2022. According to the report, this is compared to an average price of ($475.97) N210, 229/metric ton in Q4 2021, and projected that soybean price will rise by 6% by May 2023. David Ibidapo, AFEX head of market data and research who presented the report said annual crop production research seeks to provide robust market intelligence for agriculture value chain player...

GTCO Plc Releases 2022 Q3 Unaudited Results

..Reports Profit Before Tax of ₦169.7billion Guaranty Trust Holding Company Plc (“GTCO” or the “Group”) has released its Unaudited Consolidated and Separate Financial Statements for the period ended September 30, 2022, to the Nigerian Exchange Group (NGX) and London Stock Exchange (LSE). The Group reported profit before tax of ₦169.7billion, representing an increase of 11.7% over ₦151.9billion recorded in the corresponding period ended September 2021.  The Group’s loan book (net) increased by 2.2% from ₦1.80trillion recorded as at December 2021 to ₦1.84trillion in September 2022, while deposit liabilities increased by 6.4% from ₦4.13trillion in December 2021 to ₦4.39trillion in September 2022.  The Group’s balance sheet remained well structured and resilient with total assets and shareholders’ funds closing at ₦5.81trillion and ₦872.8billion, respectively.  Strong Capital Ratios and Asset Quality were sustained as CAR, NPL ratio, and Cost of Risk (COR) closed at 20.7%, 5...

Winfest Campaign: Access Bank to Splash over N1bn on Customers

Access Bank Winfest Campaign Access Bank Plc, yesterday said it is rewarding its loyal customers with cash rewards and other items up to N1 billion for funding, transacting, maintaining, and increasing their deposits from October 2022 to November 2023 through the Access Winfest campaign. The essence of this campaign, it stated, is to promote a savings culture and efficient banking among Nigerians using alternative channels. The Deputy Managing Director, Retail, North, Access Bank, Victor Etuokwu in a statement said, “Over the past two decades, Access Bank has continued to grow in every dimension, particularly its customer base, due to customers like you whose patronage, advocacy, and loyalty have remained unparalleled. At Access Bank, we care most about how happy our customers are, and we hope to find more chances like this one to make their lives and the lives of many other Nigerians better.” To get on board the winning train, simply increase the balance on your account , carry out t...